Conversation of the Week



Conversation of the Week:


(my landline ringing)

Me: Hello?
Mom: Hi, Katherine?
Me: Hey Mom, what’s up?
Mom: Katherine, where are you?
Me: I’m at my house (thinking, you called me on a landline)
Mom: Katherine, I have something to tell you. I need you to listen carefully. Paul told me there is a new carjacking scam-
Me: Paul? Paul at the office?
Mom: What? Yes…. Anyway, Paul told me that there have been 10 or 12 attacks this way and I need you to pay attention- are you paying attention?
Me: mmm-hmmm
Mom: Well, what happens is they put a piece of paper in your back windshield. Then you get into your car, but you see the piece of paper and get out to pull it out of your line of vision and they get you!
Me: What?
Mom: I’m being serious, Katherine, stop laughing. This is serious. They could really hurt you. But don’t worry, I’m going to tell you what to do.
Me: Okay
Mom: Be very careful walking to your car- they’re targeting female drivers. And if you see a piece of paper in the back windshield, run like hell.
Me: That’s your advice? Run like hell? Is that the official word?
Mom: Katherine, this is my word. I’m telling you to not get carjacked.
Me: Thanks, Mom.


And that was essentially our whole conversation. Seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Said He Can't Keep Up

The American Dream Home (Spoiler Alert: We Don't Own It.... Or Do We?)

Read It in Shock and Awe (which is pretty much how we felt about it too)