Wedding Season Winds Down

So, this year was a busy year for us. I mean, really busy, right? If you weren't already aware, Matt and I got married (whoo-hoo Theme of Wedding, right?) and we also attended five weddings this year, culminating with one of Matt's really good friends getting married on Friday. When they first announced they were getting married on Friday, I was curious as to why. It meant people would have to take time off of work, and reorganize their schedules to be around for it. Once the wedding happened on Friday, I was completely pumped for Friday weddings! It was amazing to wake up on Saturday morning and realize it was Saturday, and we had time to do Saturday things.

In other things I learned, I am now making a promise, that I will no longer request Africa by Toto at weddings which do not contain certain friends and/or librarians. The DJ was hesitant, I was insistent, and Matt was triumphant when he realized that he really had won the age-old debate over whether a single song selected by his (talented, beautiful, musically inclined) wife could, in fact, clear the dance floor. I thought I had back up in the way of Jimmy and Kim, but they were not around when the song played, leaving Matt and I alone on the floor. Kudos to him for staying out there with me. Kudos to the DJ for following through, and then saving the night with some Journey.

Wedding season has ended on a high note, with a beautiful ceremony, an awesome personalized reception (did I mention Jaime GREW HER OWN FLOWERS????) and enough time with friends to have some great memories to wake up to on this lonely Monday morning.

I'm working on posting more consistently. Someone brought up that I used to post on here everyday, and now it's more, like, every year. Our lives have gotten a little more mundane since we were married, but I would love to extend an invite to whoever to come and dance around on our deck- it's awesome and new. I'm seriously considering making our trick or treaters come up there for candy and a tour- should you make small children listen to the dynamics of building permits in Cary and admire the view of the pond?

P.S. Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Said He Can't Keep Up

The American Dream Home (Spoiler Alert: We Don't Own It.... Or Do We?)

Read It in Shock and Awe (which is pretty much how we felt about it too)