New Year, New You

That's not really what this blog post is about. I mean, it is about the New Year, but not about a New You. I just saw that in an ad for a fitness center and thought it would make a catchy title for this post. So every year at this time I try really hard to think about what I have done in the last year, and what I am going to do this year. Just like 90% of other Americans. Let's start with last year: 1. Disney Marathon, Tarheel 10 miler, and GOTR Reindeer Romp. City of Oaks was supposed to be in there but I had pneumonia (Matt did it for both of us :-)) 2. Junior League volunteering 3. Volunteered as a coach for GOTR. 4. Librarianism 5. We put our house on the market. 6. We sold our house. 7. We actually freakin' closed on our house (FHA loans are NOT FUN.) 8. I turned 30. I couldn't find my resolutions from last year, so I have nothing to compare them to. Remind me to put them on the blog from now on, since I have no doubt that the internet is infinite space and time. Now, for the year 2013. There are some really exciting things in store. Wow, that didn't sound exciting at all. Here are some resolutions for this year: 1. No marathons. I know how insane that sounds ,considering I haven't missed a year in five years. But this year, no marathoning. 2. Plan a trip to a country I've never been to (probably to actually happen in 2014 but whatever, it takes a while for me to get a trip together) 3. Purchase a new house (we are in desperate need of this oen) 4. Really focus on writing (I feel like I say that every year) 5. Take my vitamins (I feel like I say that one every year too) 6. Spend more time with Matt. So, important announcements: I HAVE A NEW JOB. I am finally leaving my current school and starting a new job. It came out of the blue, and I wasn't actively looking but was planning on starting to look in the spring. This came up and I went ahead and took it. My school was not so happy but tomorrow morning I will be starting a new chapter at a new school. What I want out of this is to really grow as a librarian. I think it's really important to switch up what you're doing and when you stop growing in a current position to fix it or move on. I made a tough choice but made the right choice for our family. That was a really grown up statement. I'm not sure how to take it right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Said He Can't Keep Up

The American Dream Home (Spoiler Alert: We Don't Own It.... Or Do We?)

Read It in Shock and Awe (which is pretty much how we felt about it too)