You Can Always Level Up To A New Ridiculousness

Real Conversation Friday Night: Me: "That's weird. My foot feels numb." Walk around some waiting for the feeling to come back. Matt: Hmmm. Me: What does that mean? Matt: Nothing. Me: Your face doesn't say nothing. What's going on down there? (sometimes I think he forgets that I can no longer readily see my feet) Matt: Your foot looks, I don't know, different than the other one. It was different. Completely different than the other one. My first experience with swelling. I put my feet up and watched in amazement as, in fact, my left foot was completely different than my right. Up until this point, I actually thought (hold the laughter back) that I wasn't going to swell. I figured it might be all the water I was drinking, but I was going to be one of those pregnant women who didn't get swollen feet. Go ahead, you can laugh now. I also vaguely remember my friends complaining about swelling and thinking that it was kind of random and why didn't they just put up their feet? Now I know. Having to put your feet up is not as pleasant as it seems. I lay there, feet propped up, while Matt handled dinner, getting me something to drink, etc, etc. The only one of us who loved it was Neko, as it became yet another opportunity to try and climb on top of the baby. What I thought about, as I lay there, was could mean trouble. that this could be a foreshadowing of my summer. Theoretically since it's NC in the summer it's going to be hot. Maybe really hot. And the baby will continue to grow. It's blowing my mind every week that my belly can actually support both my normal internal organs and then this other creature. When I was a kid, I had this anatomical doll that had all the body parts in it. You were supposed to take each body part and paint it a certain color, including veins and nerves, then put it all back together so you could see what the human body looked like, where organs were located, etc. The female version of this model had a baby attachment. Essentially you could pop off the plastic front of the model, insert a fetus, then pop on a larger version of the belly. Actually, HERE IT IS!! http://www.amazon.com/Craft-House-Corporation-74623-Visible/dp/B00004W1DG and then it's listed as having a "pregnancy option". What isn't listed is the way your other body parts have to shift. The way the anatomical model played it, I would simply pop off my original flat belly, then place a new belly around the baby. Which is exceptionally easy, even for the hands of a small child (I think I was around 11 when I was interested in painting and putting together a tiny model of a human). Of course the reality that is not expressed via the Skillcraft box, is that really the baby makes an effort to move your internal organs in order to create room, then stretches forward, to add a little "oomph" to the process. Unfortunately, there is not the option of me removing one belly to put another in place for just a short time. Because, naturally once that baby arrives, you could just switch the belly out. Maybe I could also switch out swollen feet at the same time?

Comments

Karen said…
hahaha! I had thought that the baby would just lie nicely in front of everything else, too. *Then* I saw several diagrams of how Baby has reorganized my digestive organs during our childbirth class. Sigh. They explained a lot.
Hang in there, lady!

Popular posts from this blog

He Said He Can't Keep Up

The American Dream Home (Spoiler Alert: We Don't Own It.... Or Do We?)

Read It in Shock and Awe (which is pretty much how we felt about it too)