New Year's 09

Is upon us, as quickly as 2008 came about. Yesterday I was looking through some old photos and thinking about how crazy it is that we are almost a decade into the new century. C thought that I should think about goals rather than resolutions, so I'm doing that instead. Narrowing down goals is kind of tough, especially because I have such a hard time really thinking about what is important in my life and how to incorporate it.

I've also had to think about the changes that have occurred in the last couple of years and will occur in the next year. Like getting a real job that I like (gasp!) or finding my way back to things I left along the road. Being okay with the path I am choosing or have chosen or whatever. Yeah, I'm being philosophical. Suck it up. It's New Year's. Unless you think I'm being cryptic, because we know I hate being cryptic...



So here they are, GOALS:

..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1) Graduate (and no worries, I'm putting PhD on the back burner for right now)

2) Stop judging myself or comparing

3) Become confident in headstand

4) Run stronger

5) Listen better

6) Love more

7) Stop telling people I'm not athletic (seriously I still do that. Even while training for a marathon….)

8) Plan something awesome for birthday 27. Because I am SO EXCITED about 27. I have no idea why. Maybe it's just the 7. Or maybe it's just that I will feel more like a grown-up at 27?

Maybe I should predict things for 27. That might actually be more entertaining than just listing out random goals. Okay, predictions for 27- a real job (and only ONE job, thanks), publication or something close to it, having the most fun, learning something completely new, heading back overseas, avoiding mercury poisoning from the ridiculous amount of seafood I eat, completing an international distance tri, being healthier, accepting what I can and cannot do and knowing that I'm fine. Really.

Bonne Annee!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Said He Can't Keep Up

The American Dream Home (Spoiler Alert: We Don't Own It.... Or Do We?)

Read It in Shock and Awe (which is pretty much how we felt about it too)